On this episode of The Elegant Warrior Podcast, I have the pleasure of chatting with fellow book enthusiast Zibby Owens. Zibby is an author, podcaster, publisher, CEO, and mother of four. Zibby founded Zibby Owens Media, a privately-held media company designed to help busy people live their best lives by connecting to books and each other. Join us as we talk about her love of reading, her new book, and book therapy.
Zibby tells me about how she became a writer and the huge effort that it took to get her latest book published, which is the story of her life as seen through the books she was reading at the time. She reveals why she doesn’t like rereading books and gives tips on how to make more time in your life for reading, even if you’re a busy mom.
This episode is a must-listen for all bookworms and wannabe bookworms. If you enjoyed it, please follow or subscribe to The Elegant Warrior Podcast.
- [0:07] I introduce Zibby onto the show and talk about her dazzling career
- [2:56] Where does Zibby get her drive from?
- [4:15] “Books, for me, are the throughline:” Zibby on her passion for reading
- [5:56] How Zibby started writing and got her most recent book published
- [10:08] You just have to keep going! Why Zibby knew this book would make it
- [12:17] Zibby’s booklist
- [13:03] Book therapy with Zibby: How do you make time for reading?
- [16:03] Why Zibby doesn’t like rereading books
- [17:52] How Zibby stays on top of her reading
- [19:36] Passion and consistency: They make a difference!
- [20:36] The story behind Zibby’s publishing company
- [23:52] 22 in 2022: Zibby’s book challenge
- [26:08] What Zibby wants you to take from Bookends
To Learn more about Zibby, click on the links below:
- Zibby Owens
- Zibby on Instagram
- Zibby on Facebook
- Zibby on Twitter
- Bookends: A Memoir of Loss, Love, and Literature by Zibby Owens
Keynote Speaker: Are you looking for a keynote speaker to teach you how to advocate for your ideas, for change, for your product and for sales? I would love to come and speak to your team and show them how to advocate to win in their business. Please fill out the form below and I will contact you with more details. https://form.jotform.com/221107324351139
To learn more about my services and to stay connected, visit me at:
- Website: Advocate to Win
- Instagram: @imheatherhansen
- Sign up for your consultation: https://calendly.com/advocatetowin/introduction-call
- Don’t forget to Subscribe to the Advocate with Elegance FREE private podcast here: https://view.flodesk.com/pages/613921e87accb4c0210201c5
Would you like to ask me a question? Please leave me a message by calling (856) 390-4831. Don’t forget to let me know if we can use your call on the show.