23 March · Episode 205
Liz Wiseman and Your Impact
37 Min, 18 Sec · By Heather Hansen
Liz Wiseman speaks to Heather about her new book and shares her views on how impact players help the leaders of companies be successful.
It was a joy to interview Liz Wiseman an author, researcher and executive advisor who teaches leadership to executives worldwide. She is the CEO of the Wiseman Group, a leadership research and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Some of her recent clients include Apple, AT&T, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Tesla, and Twitter.
Liz Wiseman is here on the show today to tell us how impact players help the leaders of companies stay successful. “While others do their job, Impact Players figure out the real job to be done.” We will discuss this topic in detail as we walk through her most recent book, Impact Players: How to Take the Lead, Play Bigger, and Multiply Your Impact.
I had an amazing time talking with her and I enjoyed discussing our shared ideas on leadership and authoring our own lives.
- Why did Liz write about being a contributor rather than a follower in her book
- How does an impact player go beyond “just tell me what to do”
- The ambient problems of the workplace and their solutions
- Scenarios where you have to lead the leader
- How curiosity lends itself to success as an impact player
- The importance of asking WHY
Learn more about Liz
Book recommended by Liz: Made to Stick: Why some ideas survive and others die
Listen to this episode of the Elegant Warrior through your favourite podcast provider.