The Elegant Warrior Podcast Episode 130 – Owning and Loving Your Choices
The career you chose years ago was your choice, and what you make of your career today is also your choice. The choices that you make every day about your career, your relationships, your life are just that — your choice. My guest today is author Carson Tate and she’s here to teach you how to master the choices you make in your career. She shares tools to help you own it, love it, and make it work. You will learn that it’s okay to want to be recognized and appreciated, that knowing your strengths will give you the credibility to grow your confidence, and that you always have the power to choose your reaction to the course that you are on.
Today we discuss —
- Admit that you have recognition needs, and communicate those needs to others.
- Feedback and recognition can come in many forms, and they don’t equate to neediness.
- SEE framework will help you identify and clearly communicate what you are looking for when requesting feedback.
- Align your strengths and gather data that supports those strengths.
- Your next job will not be any better than your current job if you’re not happy right now.
- Take the power back — if your job is not working, figure out why and what you can do about it.
- Develop your skills so that you can show up as your best self every day.
- Cultivate relationships more effectively with the SCARF model, which addresses status, certainty, autonomy, relatedness, and fairness.
Make it Work
- You can design your job in the way you want it to look.
- Any job can be meaningful because you define the meaning in it.
- What are the differences between a job, a career, and a calling, and which one are you pursuing?
- The role of retirement in your work and your goals.
- You can’t always choose the course you are on, but you can always choose your reaction to it.
Carson’s book choice is The Blue Zones of Happiness: Lessons from the World’s Happiest People, by Dan Buettner
Carson’s song choice is “Brave,” by Sara Bareilles
The Elegant Warrior Playlist on Spotify
Advocate for Yourself 10-Week Course
Subscribe to Weekly Newsletters
Work Simply: Embracing the Power of Your Personal Productivity Style, by Carson Tate
Own It. Love It. Make It Work. How to Make Any Job Your Dream Job, by Carson Tate
Brought to You By: