The Elegant Warrior is the podcast about elegance in all of its many forms. We’re talking about our definitions of elegance and how we maintain it during times of trial.
This timely interview focuses on something that we’ve all been forced to do as a result of COVID-19 — hit the pause button on life and take stock of what matters most. While this exercise can be uncomfortable at worst and life-changing at best, it is in these moments of pause and reflection that we can become our most refined, mindful, and elegant selves. I’m joined by Codi Shewan, author ofEveryday Legacy, to examine the need we all have for creating a more mindful life. He shares the experiences that have increased his intentionality and offers simple yet powerful suggestions that can help you begin to live your legacy, starting today.
Today we discuss —
Creating a more mindful life
- How staring death in the face taught Codi everything he knows about living.
- Echoes of regret and the importance of mindful living.
- Codi shares the meditation practice that increases his mindfulness.
- A cancer scare led Codi to ask, “What do I want to be remembered for?”
- How to hone your legacy DNA in a way that impacts your everyday choices.
Living effectively versus efficiently
- The lesson Codi learned from his grandma that guides how he shows up in life.
- Self-full time creates in us the energy that allows us to give something to others.
- The outside-imposed pause required by COVID-19 is requiring us to look inward in a way that may be uncomfortable but is essential.
Taking time to meet yourself
- Codi shares his life-changing experience at an ashram in the Bahamas.
- Removing yourself from the demands of your current life can provide greater clarity and perspective.
- Take time to refocus on the people, rather than the things, in your life.
- Finger snaps and shoulder taps are two important ideas that can help shape your life decisions.
Codi’s book recommendation is The DaVinci Code, by Dan Brown
Codi’s song choice is “Higher and Higher,” by Jackie Wilson
Codi’s book is Everyday Legacy: Lessons for Living with Purpose, Right Now.
Brought to You By:
Back To Podcasts